With multifunctional features, the Linksys routers are one of the most popular routers among the users. Most of the users are complaining that their Linksys router not working correctly. They do not get a proper signal from their Linksys router or they cannot use the internet while using the WiFi. Generally, this problem occurs when the router is not connected properly. Due to the wrong password also this problem arises. If the Wi-Fi network driver is outdated or corrupted, then you can encounter this problem on the system. If you also come across this issue, then you need to follow the technical guides to get rid of this particular problem.
Easy Solutions to Resolve the Linksys Router Not Working Problem:
In the section below, we are going to provide some of the most effective and different solutions that you can apply on your PC to eliminate the Linksys router not working problem.
Solution 1 – Restart the Router
When you encounter this problem on your computer, you need to simply restart the router. Sometimes, restarting the router can also fix various problems that you have faced on your computer. So, restart the router and solve this problem. To do that, perform the actions listed below:
- Firstly, you have to turn off the router.
- Then disconnect all the connections and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, connect all the connections and then switch on the router.
After restarting the router, check if the issue is still there or not.
Solution 2 – Check for Overheating Problem
Sometimes, the Linksys router Wifi not working problem appears if the router overheats. So, you need to place it in a cool place and wait for a few minutes to cool it. Once it is done, you can check whether the router works perfectly or not.
Solution 3 – Reset the Router
By resetting the router, you can easily fix the Linksys router not working problem on your PC. To reset the router, follow the below steps:
- Press and hold the Reset button on the router at least 40 seconds.
- After that, leave the finger from the Reset button and then wait for the router to restart.
- Once it gets restarted, check if the problem still appears or not.
Solution 4 – Check the Password
Sometimes, you can get the Linksys router password not working problem when you enter the wrong password during the connection process. So, you have to check whether the password is correct or not. If it is wrong or you forget it, then you can change the password and connect it again.
Solution 5 – Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
The Windows Defender Firewall can safeguard the system from the network attacks. Therefore, the Windows Defender Firewall might prevent the system from attaching to the WiFi. So, you should disable it. Follow the steps provided below:
- Press the Windows button and R key together to launch the Run window.
- Type firewall.cpl in the Run box and then press the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- When the Windows Firewall window opens, navigate to the left side menu list. Select the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off button.
- After that, click on the Turn off Windows Firewall button from both Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings section. Then, select the OK button to save it.
- After doing this, you can try to connect the Wifi and then check whether the Linksys router works perfectly without any problem.
Solution 6 – Uninstall the Security Software
Due to the third-party security software, you might also encounter the Linksys router not working problem. So, you must remove the security software from the system. Go through the steps mentioned below to uninstall the security software:
- At first, hold down the Windows Home button and press the X key to open the WinX Menu list.
- Select the Control Panel from the list.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features section, select it.
- In the Programs and Features window, find the Security software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall button to remove it. Now, you can find that the uninstallation process has begun.
- Once the process gets finished, restart the system and then check if the problem still persists or not.
Solution 7 – Update the WiFi Network Driver
The older version of the network driver is also sometimes responsible for the problem on your computer. So, you must update the WiFi network driver to get rid of this situation. To do that, follow the directions which are mentioned below:
- Firstly, you should hold the Windows button and at the same time press the S key to open the Search Panel.
- In the Search box, type Device Manager and then hit the Enter button from the keyword.
- Once the Device Manager window opens, go to the left side menu list. From there, find the Network Adapters section, select it to expand it.
- After that, you can see the driver, right-click on it. Then choose the Update Software Driver button from that list to begin the update process.
- Once the process is done, reboot the device and then check if the issue still occurs or not.
Solution 8 – Reinstall the Linksys Router WiFi Driver
By reinstalling the network driver, you can also fix the Linksys router not working problem on your computer. To perform this solution, follow the under mentioned directions:
- Click on the Start logo button to open the Start Menu list.
- Choose the Device Manager application from the Start menu list.
- Go to the Network Adapters section which is present at the left side menu list from the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the Network driver to open the list. Then, select the Uninstall button to remove the driver.
- After removing the driver, you need to install it. So, go to the official website of the Linksys router. From there, download the latest version of the driver and then install it.
- Once the installation process completes, restart the system and router. Then check if it works properly or not.
Solution 9 – Enable the WLAN AutoConfig Service
By enabling the WLAN AutoConfig services, you can seamlessly eliminate this problem on your computer. Auto WLAN configuration (also known as Wi-Fi configuration in Windows XP) can configure settings for security and wireless connectivity. When this option is activated, wireless configuration settings apply to all Network Adapters installed on your computer. When WiFi is available, it automatically connects to the preferred wireless network. You can follow these steps to activate it:
- At first, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows button and R key.
- Type services.msc in the Run box and then press the Enter key or select the OK option.
- From the Services window, scroll down the page. Find the WLAN AutoConfig services, right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option from that list.
- When the Properties window opens, go to Startup type and set is Enabled to turn on the service.
- Then, select the OK option to save it.
Solution 10 – Turn on the WiFi Service
The Linksys router not working problem appears if the Wifi service is turned off. So, you need to turn on this service from the system. Follow the steps instructed hereunder:
- Go to the Taskbar and right-click on the Network icon which is present at the bottom right corner.
- From that list, you will get an option Open Network and Sharing Center, select it.
- From the Network and Sharing Center window, click on the Change Adapter Settings option.
- After that, right-click on the Linksys WiFi router and then select the Enable button to turn it on.
We hope that with the help of the above-mentioned solutions, you can easily fix the Linksys router not working problem on your computer. Read this article thoroughly and perform these solutions with the proper steps on your PC to get rid of this problem. However, if you again face this issue, then you can seek help from the professional.