A DNS or domain name system error can arise due to multiple reasons. It mainly occurs when a portion of the network is not connecting to another portion of the network. Users often receive this error code and want to know how to fix DNS server problem. Are you looking for a reliable service provider? Your search ends with us.
Our certified engineers have appropriate answers to all your queries related to DNS server and also resolve your issues as soon as possible. Moreover, our team will guide you on how to avoid any further problems along with reliable online assistance. Connect with our expert technicians for availing our best-in-class services.
The server which hosts the website may be in a temporarily not functioning state due to technical reasons. The second reason may due to corrupted DNS service in your computer. According to Arris router support professionals, it also may be the case where the security firewall might have accidentally blocked your PC from communicating with websites.
General Causes Of DNS Server Not Responding Error
There can be many reasons behind this issue. Here we have provided some of the common ones.
- Network connectivity related problems are responsible for this error
- Malfunctioning IP or DHCP services due to malware or virus issues
- Internet blockages from different antivirus programs
- Incomplete installation of the antivirus software
- DNS server is not working properly and this is one of the most important reasons for this issue
- Misbehaving router or modem can also trigger DNS error messages
- Sometimes you may receive this error because of overly aggressive antivirus software
Are you facing any of the problems listed above? Feel free to contact our support executives for instant support if you are unaware of how to fix the DNS server, avail our top-quality services in your budget.
Steps to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error
- Reset IP and Winsock
According to the Arris router technical support experts, the problem may be due to corrupted IP and Winsock features. To reset it, follow the below steps:
- Open the command prompt with Admin privilege.
- Make use of the commands in following order
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
- netsh winsock reset
- Restart the computer to check if the problem is fixed or not.
- Do a Power cycle
Sometimes the problem may be simple where you just need to shutting down and turn on the modem/ router. Small changes in your computer settings or even in the configuration with router or modem settings may definitely the result in the DNS error. Once your device is restarted, then most of these changed settings will be cleared out. So follow these below step.
- Shut down the computer and also the modem/router for a minute or two.
- Use of the Global DNS
Replace the DNS server address directly from the ISP with a Global DNS server. Global DNS is offered by various private and non-profit organizations. Each server address comes with its own special features listed below.
- Press the Windows Key + R. In the Run window section, type the ncpa.cpl command. This will further open network connections
- Right click on the local area connection, and then click on the”properties” option.
- Selection of the Internet protocol version(TCP/IPv4) is to be made and then click the “properties” section
- Select carefully the “internet protocol” and, click on the use the following DNS server address icon
- Changing of the DNS server address to global DNS value is a necessary step to be performed by users.
Alternate Method to fix DNS server Get Instant Solutions
Here, we have introduced some optimized troubleshooting techniques for resolving your issue. However, if you are not sure, let our support executives know the matter. Try out the steps carefully.
Method 1: Configure The IP settings
- Go to control panel
- Check the network status under ‘Networking and Internet’
- Next, try to change the adapter settings
- Select the latest version of Internet Protocol from the properties option.
To complete all the steps successfully, you need to follow a set of on-screen instructions. You can try another useful method if the previous one is not working. Go through the steps mentioned below:
Method 2: Remove the DNS Cache
- Go to Command Prompt
- Follow some on-screen directions to remove any saved DNS addresses
- Try a different browser and power cycle your modem and router
- Finally, restart your system
Method 3: Disable All The Extra Connections
- First of all, you need to open your computer’s network settings
- Try to change the adapter settings
- Select an extra connection and remove it
- Disable the network device
This is one of the easiest methods that might help and also guide you on how to fix DNS server.
Are you still getting DNS Server Not Responding Error after performing the steps properly? Call us to resolve your issues instantly. We are always ready to help you out.
Come and resolve all the related to Arris router issues with our router professionals
Our team consists of expert professionals who can easily resolve DNS Server Not Responding Error. Additionally, we know all the unique mechanisms of DNS server. Therefore, it is easy for us to solve your problems instantly. We would never want you to compromise on the performance of your device due to some random technical errors.
If you are searching for reliable customer support services, your search ends with us. Regardless of the technical glitches, we ensure to provide you with the best possible solutions. You will always get the best and premium quality services from us at a pocket-friendly rate.
So, dial our toll-free Customer Support Number +1-800-966-6991 to get in touch with our experts. Our support number is available 24*7 and our help desk team will receive your calls and convey your problems to our technical experts. Call us today for immediate assistance to fix DNS Server Not Responding Error. We have our online live chat support portal through which you will get to know about the issues.