Updating the router firmware is one of the most important tasks which keep the system content secure from the hackers. In addition, the firmware update also solves many of the common problems of the router.
If the process of how to update router firmware TP-Link is not known to you, then you can go through the content of this article. This article will guide you with the complete information to the TP-Link router firmware update process. So, check this article sincerely and entirely till to the end.
The common problems arise during the TP-Link firmware update process are as follows: a) Forgot the login password of the TP-Link router; b) Incomplete download of the TP-Link router firmware; c) Sudden power-cut during the router firmware updating process.
How to Update Router Firmware TP-Link: Complete Steps
Are you looking for the genuine steps of how to update router firmware TP-Link? Then, you are in the right article. In this section, you will get to learn the complete methodology of the TP-Link router update process. So, check the below sections by paying complete attention.
Step 1: Verify the Details of the TP-Link Router
The first stage to begin the TP-Link router firmware update process is to know the details of your TP-Link router. Listed below are the details which you need to be verified.
- Model Number
- Hardware Version
You will check out these above-said details from the sticker which is attached to your TP-Link router’s body. Generally, the information sticker is attached at the down or the rare portion of the router. After knowing these details, continue with the further steps as below to update the TP-Link router firmware successfully.
Step 2: Download the Latest TP-Link Router Firmware
The second stage to progress the router firmware update process is that you need to download the latest version of the firmware for TP-Link router from its official website. The complete process for this step is listed below.
Launch a browser on your PC and wait until the browser page gets loaded completely. Next, make sure that the internet is connected with your PC. After that, with the help of the browser, navigate to the firmware download page of the TP-Link router. On the TP-Link router firmware download page, follow these steps below to download the latest TP-Link router firmware successfully.
- At first, from the TP-Link router firmware download page, click on the “Support” link which is present at the top of the window.
- Next, scroll down the window and select the “Download Center” option.
- Further, on the Download Center window, you need to keep the “Type:” bar as it was, that is “All”. Then type the model number of your router on the “Model Number” field. You can get this from the information sticker of the router.
- After performing all these above steps, at the below portion of this window, you will get a search result, click on that. This will navigate you to the Download page of the TP-Link router model which you have searched for. Here, you need to choose the hardware version of the router you are using, and that you get on the information sticker on the router’s body.
- Note: If there is no information on the router information sticker, then it means that you need to select the V1 option for the “Please choose hardware version” field.
- Next, scroll down the window and select the firmware file from the available options to download. That’s all.
Step 3: Check the IP Address of your TP-Link Router
If you are aware of your TP-Link router IP address, then you can skip this step. Otherwise, follow the below steps to know the IP address of the router. It is necessary to proceed with the further instructions of the update router firmware process.
- Firstly, press down the Windows and the letter R button simultaneously to open the Run bar window.
- Ensure that no command is already present on the Run bar and if you find any, then by using the Backspace key remove that.
- After that, on the Run bar, type “cmd” without using the quotations.
- Next, click on OK/ hit the Enter button to open the Command Prompt window.
- Then, on the Command Prompt window, type “ipconfig” without the quotations.
- After that, press down the Enter button to execute the ipconfig command.
- Next, from the open list on the Command Prompt window, navigate to the Default Gateway section.
- Note down the number which is present beside to Default Gateway, that is, is the IP address of the TP-Link router.
Step 4: LogIn into your TP-Link Account After Extracting the Downloaded. Zip File (TP-Link Firmware)
Now, the third stage is extracting the firmware from the downloaded. ZIP file. Next, open a browser on your PC and using it, login to your TP-Link router account. The steps that you need to follow to login into your TP-Link account are listed below:
- At the address bar of your browser, enter the IP address of the TP-Link router.
- Next, tap the Enter button.
- After that, as the login page of the TP-Link router opens, you will get two different bar and they are as follows:
- In the place of the username, you need to enter “admin”. Whereas, in the field of the password, you need to enter “admin” again. But both must be in lower case and did not use the quotations as it is here, to make you identify the detail.
You need to use the said information if you have not changed the username and the password earlier. And in case, if you have changed the information, then you need to use that information only to login into your TP-Link account.
Note: If you have forgotten the changed password, then you need to follow the hard reset process to revert the router back into the default settings.
- After entering the appropriate username and password in their respective fields, click on the Login button to log in into your TP-Link account.
- Next, follow the further steps to complete the how to update the router firmware TP-Link process.
Step 5: Upgrade Firmware
In the fourth stage, click on the “Advanced” option under your TP-Link account. Then, click on “System Tools”. After that, select the Firmware Upgrade option. After following these instructions, you will get the Firmware Upgrade window open. Here, click on the “Browse” button.
Further, by using the pop-up window, navigate to the extracted (downloaded Tp-Link router firmware) .Zip file. And then, click on Open. After you load the file in the File section, click on the “Upgrade” button. Now, wait, until the update process of the TP-Link router is done successfully.
When the update is over, you will get the successful message on the TP-Link screen. Then, it is advised to restart your PC to get the smooth internet connection. Hopefully, after following these steps above, you will get the success in implementing the router firmware TP-Link update process efficiently.
All these are about the how to update the router firmware TP-Link process. Hopefully, after you go through it thoroughly, you will not face any issue in following the firmware update process of the router.