Dynamic DNS is a process of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System with the active DDNS configuration of its configured hostnames, addresses and other related information, often resulting in real-time process. As studied by a team of D-Link router support experts, it is helpful in assigning a fixed domain name to the PC without changing the DHCP configuration feature. The network is still protected by dangerous hackers as well as attackers. Dynamic DNS simply plays a vital role to address the rapid update issues.
To access the network via remote basis, the D-Link Tech Support suggests users to use this feature as a benefit. It further allows you to access the devices in the network section. One can also access devices such as camera in their network by using DDNS method for remote monitoring system. It’s considered as a great choice if users wish to host their website or even go ahead to setup a server without disabling the DHCP.
Steps to configure DDNS feature on the D-link wireless router
Step1: Creation of a DDNS
- Creation of the DDNS account is advised by D-Link router technical support Do remember all the credentials such as username and password.
Step2: Log into the router
- Next, you are required to log into the router by simply typing the router IP on the address bar section of the web browser.
Step3: Working with the tools
- Clicking on the “Tools” tab is essential and then select the “Dynamic DNS” option from the left section of the window screen.
Step4: Enable Dynamic DNS
- Users are suggested to perform a check mark in the box which is situated just next to the “Enable Dynamic DNS” section and then select the “Dynamic DNS server” option from the list given
Step5: Dynamic DNS host name
- Typing of the Dynamic DNS host name is advised to users.
Step6: Enter the credentials
- Enter the username as well as the password for your DNS account. Be careful while performing this step
- Next, simply, click on the “Save” Settings to apply all the required changes.
- DDNS feature has now completely been configured on the D-Link router quite successfully.
If you have any queries with respect to D-link router or even if you are facing any issues, please contact to D-Link router customer support department for prompt help.